Scott is committed to G.O.M.A.D. (Go out, make another disciple)
Greetings to you in the name of Jesus the Christ our brother, friend, teacher and savior. I pray that all is well with you. Like John prayed for his friend in 3 John 1:2, I pray and hope for your spiritual prosperity, social prosperity, physical prosperity and financial prosperity. Being the pastor of Scott UMC for more than six years has been a great blessing for me, and together we will do even greater things.
I want to share with you the CORE VALUES that we have accepted as a church:
1. Empowered Leadership, serving with proper authority and unity
2. Gift Oriented Ministries, allowing us all to live our call to ministry
3. Passionate Spirituality, so that we are representatives of God’s love
4. Functional Structures, working well together with no inactivity
5. Inspiring Worship Services, where we bless God and God blesses us
6. Holistic Small Groups, ministering to our church and community
7. Pervasive Evangelism, that extends far beyond the walls of our church
8. Loving Relationships, with members, families, and the community
As the pastor of Scott UMC I will lead the church and assist our leadership team in ministry by doing the following:
1. To pray for them everyday. To pray for their spiritual and physical health and that God will make them prosperous. To pray for their family and their local community and that their life will be blessed.
2. To preach God’s Word with power, authority and conviction. To never present my words as God’s Word. To convey God’s love and plans for their life as best I can, led by the Holy Spirit.
3. To listen to them and hear God’s Word for me through them. To hear their concerns, needs and reasons for celebration. To laugh with them, hurt with them, and celebrate with them.
Let us work together to take Scott UMC to the next level. I ask that you pray for us as we work together to strengthen our Christian Education, Transportation, Prayer, Children, Youth and Elder Ministries.